Friday, July 30, 2010

Blurnout



Blurnout = Blogging Burnout. I’m certainly not the first person to run out of ideas to blog about. When I started this blog, there was plenty of time to sit down and write. Words flowed through my fingers on into the blog with relative ease. Now I’m busier. A lot of what I initially wanted to say has been said. It’s hard to be spontaneous. Keeping the blog going in a meaningful way might require doing something crazy - like planning ahead!

This morning I sat down and wrote out a list of 7 or so top things that I’d like to write about. Now I’ve got a queue of ideas. My intent moving forward is to publish one article every workday. I can write more if I want to, but it seems like building up the pipeline of content makes more sense. By planning ahead, I’m also able to get input from friends and family as to what ideas deserve more merit.

Another nice thing about writing articles in advance is I can reduce typos, too. I’m the king of tipoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment