Needed: Ruby On Rails Intern
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Length: 40 hours/week, 3 month contract
- Compensation: $20/hour
We're training interns to use Ruby on Rails. There's a TON of startups in San Francisco trying to grow their teams, but these companies are finding a lack of qualified applicants who know Rails. So we're kicking off a pilot program to train non-Rails web developers in Rails.
The first week will be in hardcore learning mode. You'll be trained in Ruby and Rails, test driven development (TDD), behavior driven development (BDD) plus related tools and techniques.
After week one, you'll be working on a real world project at a startup. You'll be pair programming with a senior developer doing all things web development. There is no better way to learn. After the 3 month internship program is over, if you like the startup and the startup likes you, you'll have the opportunity to become a full time Rails developer.
- Must know at least one object oriented programming language.
- Computer Science dregree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable passion for the web - tell us about a site you're building!
- Passion for learning, mentoring, and collaborating.
Technology you will likely work with:
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails
- SQL: MySql, PostgreSQL
- RSpec, Cucumber
- Linux or MAC
Read up on us!