Saturday, January 16, 2010

Be Original, Not A Copycat

I've noticed a trend in San Francisco lately... panhandlers with pets. About 6 months ago I saw a guy in the Marina asking for money. What made him unique is that had mammalian pet trifecta - a dog, a cat, and a rat - in a pyramid. How the heck do you stack a live rat on a live cat on a live dog and get them all to sit still? Check this out...



I don't know if Mr. Mammals started this trend, but lately I've been seeing a heck of a lot of panhandlers with animals. I saw a woman yesterday the with two of bushiest cats EVER, and then I saw a guy with a rat, lots of people with dogs, etc. Since I think the novelty of using cutesy creatures to raise funds on the street may be at its saturation point, I recommend Mr. Mammals move on to a different gimmick or at least different animals (a shark on a horse on a camel?).

How does this relate to recruiting? Um... uh... I should be the first recruiter to use a cat AND the first recruiter to ditch the cat in favor of the next trend! I'd of course keep the cat, but I'd stop shamelessly exploiting it for marketing purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment