Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Success + Hard Work = Gary Vaynerchuk

I just heard about this Gary Vaynerchuk guy for the first time today. He's a kick ass entrepreneur and wine salesman. If you read up on him, you'll find he works his ass off and makes a crapload of money. He could probably have had a chapter written about him in Outliers.

The reason I bring him up is that I love reading about people who are successful and work hard. Gary run a real business that pushes real product and he executes very well. There's been a lot of news about Twitter lately, a company that apparently is worth a few billion dollars and doesn't make much (any?) money. I use Twitter, but stories about the company's success make me a little annoyed. Twitter is lucky and an anomaly. Gary works hard and makes money, and as far as I can tell got there by being strategic and smart. Stories about making money Twitter style are a bad influence. Stories about making money Gary style are good.

Read up on Gary Vaynerchuk... I command you.

No comments:

Post a Comment