Sunday, October 25, 2009

One internship, 119 applications and counting...

I've been working part time on an filling an internship position, and I just counted the number of applications. It looks like there's 119 of them, and I've personally responded to every one (I think). Some of the modern application tracking systems make it a pain in the butt to respond to candidates individually. Other applicant tracking systems are really good at sending out automated responses, but I like delivering a hand written response. It takes a little more time of course, and honestly sometimes all I do is cut/paste a form letter that says something a generic and tweak the name, but it's still hand written. When I take the time to contact each person one at a time, it makes me feel a little more connected to my job as a recruiter. Looking for a job stinks, and at least I can try acknowledging someones effort to secure employment.

No comments:

Post a Comment