Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Quest For An Effective Resume

There's no such thing as the perfect resume. However, I think there are some things that an effective resume allows you to do. Here's a short list:

  • Allow you to brag and be confident without being overly cocky.

  • Emphasize your most single most bankable skill beyond a shadow of a doubt.

  • Showcase your experience so that people know where you've been and can see where you're going.

  • Be so easy to read that anyone picking it up would say, "I bet this person is one of the best people at [insert skill here].


An effective resume allows you to come out swinging. You won't always hit a home run, but you'll hit more home runs than the competition.

UPDATE: I originally called this article The Quest For The Perfect Resume. I changed my mind and decided there's no such thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment