Thursday, September 24, 2009

Be Nice To Your Recruiter

I got a call a few days ago from a job seeker who thought he'd be a good fit for a job I'm recruiting for. He didn't remember me, but I remembered him - I'd arranged job two interviews for him in the past. This time I wasn't in a position to help him, he wasn't the right fit for the job, so I politely told him no. He got mad, declared that I didn't know my ass from a hole in the ground, and then proceeded to tell me how recruiters are all [insert demeaning insult here].

I won't mention this crazy guy by name, and I MIGHT even be nice and set him up with an interview in the future if he's a PERFECT fit, but I tell you a list of behavior he displayed before we ever even discussed the position he was applying for. Don't do this at home...

  • He talked too much.

  • He talked while chewing food.

  • He asked me to excuse him for eating while talking.

  • He was rude.

  • He wouldn't listen.

  • He insulted me.

  • He didn't even acknowledge the fact that I remembered who he was.


At the end of the day, stay professional. I didn't return the favors he bestowed upon me, but I really, really wanted to. What really urks me is that I made a special introduction for him free of charge to a client about 18 months ago, and he'd just plain forgotten. What a loser :)

OK, I'm done venting. Be nice to your recruiter - I command you.

No comments:

Post a Comment